The Eye Institute physicians want you to know that your safety is our priority. Due to concerns related to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) we are taking action to prevent the spread of this and any other contagious illness. We are adding additional precautions to our normal routine of sanitizing and sterilizing the clinic. Some of the regular processes and additional precautions are listed below:
- We are requesting that patients who are experiencing symptoms contact your physician to reschedule their appointments. Please refer to our website at eyeinst.com and go to contact page for your physician’s direct phone numbers. We will reschedule all patients with symptoms or non-urgent appointments to a future date.
- We are asking that you limit the amount of visitors that come with you to your appointment and only those that are essential accompany you.
- Common area surfaces such as chair handles in the waiting areas, counter tops, doorknobs, etc. are being sanitized several times throughout the day.
- As part of our regular standards, surfaces in the exam rooms are being sanitized after each patient.
- Our staff has been instructed to follow the standards set forth by the CDC in regards to patient contact, sanitizing methods and also to stay home if they are ill or possibly have any exposure to the Coronavirus.
We recommend that our patients and staff follow practices that reduce the spread of illness such as regular hand washing, covering your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, avoiding skin contact with others, avoiding large gatherings, using hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other medical authorities to continue to update our procedures in the interest of limiting the spread of the coronavirus.
We are recommending that any patient who indicates that they are experiencing flu like symptoms or symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath contact their primary care physician for further instructions. You may find additional information at www.coronavirus.gov
We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time.
The Eye Institute Physicians & Staff