Pediatric Ophthalmology & Adult Strabismus
What kinds of treatments do pediatric ophthalmologists provide?
- General eye examinations
- Prescriptions for glasses and/or contact lenses
- Treatment for amblyopia (“lazy eye”) therapy including glasses, patching and pharmacological treatment
- Topical and/or systemic therapy for eye infections, chalazia, glaucoma, blocked tear ducts, and inflammations. Medicines include antibiotics, antivirals and steroids.
- Probe and Irrigation procedures for congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction (blocked tear ducts)
- Excision of chalazia
- Eye muscle surgery for strabismus
- Pediatric cataract extraction including use of intraocular lenses
Dr. Kali Cole is The Eye Institute’s specialists in Pediatric Ophthalmology.
To learn more about Pediatric Ophthalmology conditions, click here